Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Is Google making us stupid?


I thought that this was a pretty cool article. Although it was very lengthy and somewhat monotonous; making it difficult for my short attention spanned mind to concentrate. I think their examples of how the Internet is basically becoming our “go to” for everything, were very accurate and really made me think about how much people rely on the internet and technology. I think about how incredibly consumed and borderline obsessive I can be, when it comes to my phone, the internet, Facebook, Gmail, etc., etc. etc. When the article was interviewing the creators of Google, they are said to “speak frequently of their desire to turn their search engine into an artificial intelligence, a HAL-like machine that might be connected directly to your brains”. I understand what they are saying; but honestly, think that is a pretty scary statement; let alone a scary idea. Scary as in creepy. It kind of scares me to think about where the world is going to be when I get old. I have a feeling that the world is going to end up something like the movie Minority Report, starring Tom Cruise. Though that movie is pretty far-fetched, I honestly don’t think that it’s too off base, considering how far we have already come in technology, the internet and so on..

No comments:

Post a Comment