Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Power of Hello


I chose to read Howard White's essay "The Power of Hello". I really enjoyed reading this essay and could relate to it, and also agree with several of White’s points in this essay. White gives examples of his experiences of saying hello and being personable within his company; and how positively that can affect the employees as well as himself. I truly believe that the world would be a better place if people took the time to do more nice things for other people, let alone actually taking the time to acknowledge others and maybe even going out on a limb and being friendly to one another. In my day to day life, it is amazing how many friends, associates, and people that seem to flock to me; for a few reasons, but mainly because I actually do the little and important things like saying hello and acknowledging people. It is amazing how much something as simple as saying hello, and how that can affect someone. It can make their day and in some cases much more than that. I used to manage a company for 10 years and I was very good at my job. One of the main reasons my employees loved me was because of the fact that I acknowledged them, made them feel important, listened and treated them how they deserved to be treated. The power of hello an acknowledgment is an amazing and simple tool, and if used, can make a big difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment