Thursday, January 31, 2013

Why We Crave Horror Movies


                I really enjoyed reading Stephen King’s “Why We Crave Horror Movies”. I enjoyed the fact that he included a dead baby joke and that he also mentioned that it was told to him by a ten year old boy. I myself am obviously a little bit sick and twisted; clearly from the fact that I find dead baby jokes amusing, (amongst other reasons). Overall I found this article pretty cool and actually enjoyed reading it. I am a Stephen King fan, as well as a big horror movie fan. My mother raised my brother and I on horror movies and instead of watching normal child movies or cartoons, I remember watching horror movies. With that in mind, horror movies quickly became a huge part of both mine and my brother’s lives. If I dig a little bit deeper and really try to figure out why I love horror movies, I would say there are many reasons. Main reason being, quite simply, I am a little sick and twisted; and enjoy watching sick and twisted things. I do find it interesting, the fact that the older I get and the happier I become inside, the less I seem to enjoy horror movies like I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment